Excursion to Nuraghe Mereu – Sa Giuntura
A path that, starting from the southern gate of the Supramonte, allows you to reach the site of Sa Giuntura and the upstream entrance of the Gorropu Canyon, and then continue going up the Orgosolo side and reach the nuraghi crossing the centuries-old holm oak forest of Sas Baddes.
- Territory: Ogliastra, Urzulei
- Length: about 25 km by OFF-ROAD, trekking 10 km
- Bottom: dirt path
- Suitable for Families: Families with children over 10 years old (to be evaluated together with parents)
e will start with the off-road vehicle from km 177,500 of the SS 125 in Ghenna ‘e Ruge to enter Supramonte, crossed the plateau of Campu Oddeu, we will continue towards Campos Bargios where after an imposing lecceta we will reach Sa Sedda as Bacas and near the homonymous sheepfold (Barracu) we will leave the car. A few steps away we will meet the monumental badger (Taxus Baccata) and the Tomb of the Giants and then quickly arrive in the precious karst pond of Pischina ‘e Gurthàddala. Having resumed the path we will be accompanied on the descent towards Sa Giuntura by the view of the Nuraghi Mereu and Presethu Tortu in the thousand-year-old forest of Sas Baddes (Orgosolo).
Info e costi
- Daytime excursion
- Recommended period: From March to November. For the other months a careful assessment of the weather conditions is necessary
- Departure and return location: possibility to agree the starting point up to the jeep
- Minimum equipment: Hiking boots, 1.5 L of water, windbreaker or sweatshirt
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU