Excursion to Pischina ‘e Gurthàddala
A route that starts from the southern gate of the Supramonte allows you to reach the site of Sa Giuntura and the upstream entrance of the Canyon of Gorropu, passing through the enchanting Lake Pischina ‘e Gurthàddala.
Unique scenarios sweetened by the fragrances of helichrysum and santolina will accompany the journey, where the gaze ranges freely towards limestone plateaus, centuries-old leccetes, grazing animals and mouflons, under the discreet and present gaze of the golden eagle.
- Territory: Ogliastra, Urzulei
- Length: about 13 km by OFF-ROAD, trekking 6 km
- Bottom: dirt path
- Suitable for Families: Families with children over 10 years old (to be evaluated together with parents)
e will start with the off-road vehicle from km 177,500 of the SS 125 in Ghenna ‘e Ruge to enter Supramonte, crossed the plateau of Campu Oddeu, we will continue towards Campos Bargios where after an imposing lecceta we will reach Sa Sedda as Bacas and near the homonymous sheepfold (Barracu) we will leave the car. A few steps away we will meet the monumental badger (Taxus Baccata) and the Tomb of the Giants and then quickly arrive in the precious karst pond of Pischina ‘e Gurthàddala. Having resumed the path we will be accompanied on the descent towards Sa Giuntura by the view of the Nuraghi Mereu and Presethu Tortu in the thousand-year-old forest of Sas Baddes (Orgosolo), the Codula del Flumineddu, the Su Cunnu ‘e S’Ebba waterfall, all in front of the majestic walls of the Canyon of Gorropu, above Sa Giuntura, which we will reach in just over half an hour of panoramic path and a difference in height of about 350 m.
If you do not want to face the difference in height towards Gorropu you can stop at the visit of Sa Pischina, visiting the different viewpoints that overlook the great valley that leads to the Canyon.
Info e costi
- Daytime excursion
- Recommended period: From March to November. For the other months a careful assessment of the weather conditions is necessary
- Departure and return location: possibility to agree the starting point up to the jeep
- Minimum equipment: Hiking boots, 1.5 L of water, windbreaker or sweatshirt
- Costs and Services: the cost of the day trip is 40 € (Including professional guide)
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
+39 329 3687028