Excursion to Sa Portiscra
This simple and easy trek includes a visit to the archaeological site of Or Murales and a circular route that winds through various sheepfolds (Barracos) renovated in the area of Monte Bidiculai on the northwest side of the Codula Elune.
Suggestive scenarios among holm oak woods, along a well-kept path, where adults and children can explore and get in touch with a part of the Supramonte that collects the history and culture of an inaccessible but equally fascinating land
- Territory: Ogliastra, Urzulei
- Length: about 4,5 km
- Suitable for Families: Families with children over 6 years old (to be evaluated together with parents)
By car reach at km 187.00 of the SS 125 in the locality of Ghenna ‘e Petha, continue by car for two km of dirt road, to reach the parking at Sa Portiscra (820 masl), where there are immediately two sheepfolds well reconstructed and a house of the guardian of the Sardinian deer repopulation oasis, which with a little luck you can meet. From there in just 5 minutes you reach the Nuragic Village of Or Murales where you can admire and count a hundred huts of the village dating back to 1000-1500 BC. (medium and final bronze) to then continue in a suggestive ring route that allows the visit of five other sheepfolds as well as an enchanting panoramic point (S’Orale ‘e Anciro), to return to Sa Portiscra.
On Monticheddu Istaggiau
Info e costi
- Daytime excursion
- Recommended period: From March to November. For the other months a careful assessment of the weather conditions is necessary
- Departure and return location: possibility to agree the starting point
- Minimum equipment: Hiking boots, 1.5 L of water, windbreaker or sweatshirt
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
+39 329 3687028