Excursion to Su Neulacoro – Cucuttos
Panoramic and circular excursion in the Supramonte of Urzulei. The whole excursion takes place at an average elevation of over 900 meters above sea level By constantly walking at high altitude you can enjoy a spectacular landscape: at our feet the vast Supramonte, marked by canals and bizarre reliefs.
Among the most intense experiences are the numerous historical sheepfolds and the Su Neulacoro sinkhole and the passage to Punta Cucutos (888 m) overlooking the Gorropu canyon, to marvel at the complex and incredible orography of that karst masterpiece.
- Territory: Ogliastra, Urzulei
- Length: about 11 km
- Bottom: dirt path
- Level of difficulty: EE (experienced hikers)
It starts from Ghenna de Sìlana (1000 meters above sea level); the first stop is Punta Poloche (1150 meters above sea level), then it will be a continuous succession of attractions: such as the numerous historic sheepfolds and the Su Neulacoro nurra, a large and deep sinkhole with vertical walls to then enjoy the view at Punta Cucuttos , towards the Gorropu Canyon.
Info e costi
- Daytime excursion
- Recommended period: From March to November. For the other months a careful assessment of the weather conditions is necessary
- Departure and return location: Ghenna Silana
- Minimum equipment: Hiking boots, 1.5 L of water, windbreaker or sweatshirt
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU